For ten years EFN Asia has been a leading voice in promoting the benefits of the market economy, civil society and individual liberty in Asia. With a clear vision for a liberal world and a free Asia, the Network was founded in 1998 by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.
EFN Asia is committed to helping individuals fulfill their potential and create an open society, believing in private ownership, personal choice, voluntary exchange, competition and the rule of law. The main objective of the Network is to provide a vehicle for the continual exchange of knowledge and experience. The Network believes that economic freedom enhances human development and economic growth. Economic freedom is thus a desirable end in itself.
GUIDELINE AND CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
In order to maintain a high degree of proficiency in the Network, and to ensure that fresh ideas are constantly circulating, it is important to establish a clear membership scheme.
There are three categories of EFN Asia Full Members:
- 1) Individual Members
- 2) Institutional Members
- 3) International Partners
The institutional members are composed of research institutes, influential think-tanks, foundations, research centres, and other like-mined organisations. The individual members include people from a variety of backgrounds such as policy advisors, journalists, corporate representatives, policy makers, and government officials. In addition to the members’ network, EFN Asia is affiliated with international partners (from beyond Asia), with which it closely cooperates on projects of common interest.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR EFN ASIA MEMBERSHIP?
EFN Asia membership is open to individuals/organisations that:
- Have a mission that is consistent with EFN Asia’s principles
- Are committed to the market economy, civil society and individual liberty
- Are interested in learning from peer networks-Are willing to provide financial and/or non-financial support to the Network within their capacity to do so
- Are able to attend and participate in, at a minimum, the annual members’ meeting and conference
- Are willing to promote Network membership and Network programmes
- Are willing to provide information about relevant issues to the Network and other members
HOW TO APPLY FOR EFN ASIA MEMBERSHIP?
STEP 1 : SEND A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Interested individuals/organisations can submit their membership application form via email, fax, or mail to the EFN Asia coordinator. The form is available below. There is currently no membership fee involved.
STEP 2 : SCREENING BY EFN ASIA COORDINATOR
The EFN Asia coordinator reviews and selects membership applications that meet membership criteria. The coordinator seeks comments and/or initial recommendations from the existing members from the same country/region for consideration and approval.
STEP 3 : APPROVAL BY EFN ASIA MEMBERS
A list of all applicants will be sent via email to EFN Asia existing members for consideration and approval. Final approval will be based on a majority vote.
EFN ASIA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Priority registration / grant application
- Discount on various events (organised by members)
- Member-Only event invitations
- Invitation to EFN Asia annual conference and workshops (full members have much higher chance to receive financial support)
- The opportunity to partner with other think tanks/organisations
- The opportunity to provide input on programmes and services
- Periodic mailing of posters, newsletters, brochures, books and other publications